- Liver Problems
- Acidity Treatment
- Gastritis Treatment
- Infectious Diseases
- Hernia Surgery
- Breast Reduction
- Specialty Diagnostics In Tuberculosis
- Intestine Surgery
- Obesity Related Lung Diseases
- Obesity And Other Lifestyle Disease Modifications
- Pancreas Transplantation
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ercp)
- Liver Resection
- Gi/hpb Surgery
- Obesity Control
- Bioimpedance Exam
- Sexually Transmitted Disease (std)
- Couples Therapy
- Glandular Disease
Excellent Home Remedies for Piles
Piles or hemorrhoid is one of the most common medical conditions that affect most of the elderly people. But sometimes it can affect young people too. Pile is a condition where the swollen veins are found in anus and lower rectum. Swollen veins can develop from an increased pressure in the lower rectum. Various factors that contribute to piles are-sitting for long periods of time in the toilet, chronic staining to have a bowel movement leading to constipation problem, tumor in the pelvic region, sexual activity such as anal intercourse, pregnancy (causing an increased pressure on the veins inside and outside the anal canal), and obesity (because pressure is exerted on the blood vessels by the weight of abdominal wall).
You can get rid of piles through conventional medical treatment including home treatment and lifestyle changes.
1) Triphala Powder – As mentioned above, constipation is a major cause for piles, triphala powder must be taken regularly to remove constipation and hence prevent piles from developing.
2) Castor Oil – castor oil has wide ranging properties like anti-oxidant rich, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory. Hence, this ingredient has the power to decrease the size of the piles and reduce pain in the individual.
BN Sinha advises taking 3ml of castor oil in milk every night. It could also be applied in the affected area. External application and regular intake, works well to alleviate the pain and symptoms of piles.
3) No Heavy Food in Dinner- Our dietary habits are often the root cause of most of the health issues we are facing today. Elimination of piles requires one to eat foods that would reduce constipation, which is the number one trigger for piles, and reduce pain. One must make sure not to eat food products that contain too much fiber. Fiber has bulk formation capacities. Hence it must be avoided. Similarly, too many laxatives cause loose stool, which would cause discomfort if one were suffering from piles. Deep fried food damages hemorrhoids further. They slow down the digestive system causing irregular bowl movement and increasing inflammation. This causes more pain and irritation. Apart from heavy food, spicy food is a big no-no as well. Especially in case of bleeding piles, they cause excruciating pain and hence must be avoided.
4) Increase in Water intake- This is the simplest strategy to cure piles. Adequate intake of water supplemented by a healthy diet results in healthy bowel movement. Drinking good amounts of water prevents constipation and thus piles. Having 8-10 glasses of water each day, make one’s digestive system smooth and regulates it. It is often said that prevention is better than cure, then why not take advantage of this simple strategy and live a healthy lifestyle?
5) Salads- BN Sinha advises individuals to consume salads like cucumber every day, right after breakfast. Carrot have anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which are beneficial for curing piles. They also include vitamin C and K, which are known to improve vein health.
6) Asafoetida or Heeng- BN Sinha urges one to include heeng in their diet. It could be included in the vegetables on a day-to-day basis or dissolved in a glass of water and must be consumed daily.It is an Indian spice used in cooking as well as curing ailments. It improves digestion and hence cures piles.
Consuming these homemade products on a daily basis will definitely help within 2-3 weeks.